Employee Health Nurse (ADA Case Manager)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As an Employee Health Nurse (acting as our ADA Case Manager) with the Absence Management Section, you will administer workers compensation and ergonomic programs, and coordinate compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Will also provide on-site professional nursing care services for Employees acute and chronic healthcare needs.
In this role, you will lead ERIE s disability management program. Successful candidate will need to have strong working knowledge of ADA and FMLA regulations and laws as well as other disability, leave of absence and return to work processes.
Specific expectations include:
* Assess all requests for accommodation under Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
* Actively pursues the interactive process with Employees.
* Coordinate communications and consult with Employees, leaders, the law division, and healthcare providers to determine appropriate reasonable accommodations and implementation of accommodations. Monitor, document and assure compliance on accommodations are made.
* Educate leaders on company policies and legal compliance related to ADA, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), disability leave and return to work programs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Communication skills
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams and varied audiences
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
* Ability to deal with difficult situations
* Analytical skills
* Decision-making skills
* Diagnostic skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Time management skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* Ability to deliver high-quality, compassionate care
* High school diploma, or GED, required.
* Bachelor s degree in nursing or related field, preferred.
* Registered nurse (RN) designation and current Pennsylvania licensure required.
* Ability to obtain nursing licensure in states where ERIE Employees work required.
* Ability to obtain CPR certification required.
* Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN-S) preferred.
* Four years of experience in illness/injury case management in an occupational health setting or related experience in a nursing function, required.
* Working knowledge of worker s compensation, OSHA, American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) required.
* Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software required.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.