Enablement Manager (Product/Project/Program Management)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
Product Management Team | New York, NY
YOUR GOAL TO IMPROVE THE EDUCATION PROCESS AND BETTER THE LIVES OF STUDENTS -- BY EVOLVING, IMPROVING AND REIMAGINING OUR WORLD-CLASS CITATION AND RESEARCH MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS.
ORGANIZATION: WRITING TOOLS
The goal of the Writing Services Team is to provide students with effective writing solutions to better their academic careers. Currently composed of 4 of the largest student citation and research management services in the world - EasyBib, CitationMachine, BibMe, and CiteThisForMe, the team reaches students from all over the world. Although we already reach almost 30 million users and set the standard with regards to citation services, we are not satisfied. We are committed to continually improving our citation service and to making an even ever larger impact on students lives throughout the world
Role: Enablement Manager
The Enablement Manager plays an integral part of the Chegg Writing Services team by defining, leading and coordinating product development efforts aimed at improving our citation products. Although each citation site has it s own brand and unique value proposition, they are each dependent upon a core set of citation service capabilities, the success of which is dependent on delivering high quality and comprehensive bibliographic data and citation formatting across all major styles.
Producing accurate citations with as little effort on behalf of our users is no trivial task. It requires managing and maintaining best-of-breed citation formatting. This includes understanding the important rules of major style guides, improving our bibliographic data crawling technologies, considering variability amongst the wide range of ever-changing source material and optimizing the subjective process of metadata scraping and cleaning. Implementing changes and improvements require coordination across many stakeholders including product managers, QA, customer support and engineering. Success in this role requires a unique combination of project, process and product management as well as a natural curiosity about the art and science of automated citation generation.
Additionally, our continued business success requires us to take advantage of new and emerging technologies that need to be integrated and enabled across all of our citation sites, in a careful, thoughtful and efficient manner. Many of these capabilities will be selected, developed and tested by teams throughout Chegg. The role of the Enablement Manager is to interface with other groups within Chegg, coordinate and document the integration effort, and work with the Writing Tools' site managers to implement these services. Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills to are necessary, as is having a grasp of the technical needs each of these Web services requires.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE AND WILL NOT BE LIMITED TO:
* Continually, thoroughly and objectively assessing the performance and quality of our citation formatting services
* Sourcing, managing and prioritizing efforts aimed at improving our citation generation tools
* Mapping out projects, deadlines, and managing citation product roadmap
* Coordinating with stakeholders across Chegg and within the Writing Tools team to understand the major product initiatives affecting our citation sites
* Managing projects aimed at implementing cross-site product initiatives
* Understanding key business goals and translating that into day to day product efforts
* Ensuring our commitment to continuous improvement and world-class service levels
* Comprehensive understanding of citations and the role they play within a student's research process and general education
* Thorough understanding of the citations market, with practical knowledge of competing solutions, and the varied market stakeholders
* Excellent project management skills, comfortable with managing scope, schedule, resources, communications and risk
* Strong communication skills, effectively communicating across functional areas and at varying levels of the organization
* Strong technical skills, with a demonstrated ability to explore new, complex issues, synthesize these learnings and communicate simply about how these issues affect the business
* Experience working with product management tools like Github or Jira
* Has strong experience in managing a high-traffic website
* Has experience working closely with software engineering teams, business leaders, and designers
* Hungry to learn
* Has strong experience in managing a SaaS product
* Knowledge of typical web services such as authentication systems, analytics (Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics) and commerce
* Knowledge of agile development processes like SCRUM and Kanban
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG and has 900+ employees with offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Portland, New York, Provo, Atlanta, Israel, Berlin, Delhi, and Ukraine and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. Chegg Student Hub Services Include: Chegg Study, Chegg Tutoring, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
LIFE AT CHEGG: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH*V=YYHNKWID7OO
CHEGG BENEFITS: HTTP://WWW.CHEGG.COM/JOBS/BENEFITS
CHEGG FOR GOOD: HTTP://BLOG.CHEGG.COM/CATEGORY/CHEGG-FOR-GOOD/
GLASSDOOR BEST PLACES TO WORK 2015: HTTP://BIT.LY/GDBPTW
CHEGG UX DESIGN PAGE: HTTP://WWW.CHEGGUX.COM/
For more information, visit WWW.CHEGG.COM
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1944