This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Brady Trane Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: The Energy Engineer provides technical analysis and review for performance monitoring or contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides technical analysis/review for Performance Contracting and Controls projects.
* Perform building "walk-through" and identify energy conservation measures (architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) in commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
* Effectively develop scopes of work for, and manage consulting engineers performing Investment Grade building audits.
* Effectively analyze and assess the economic impacts of utility company rate structures and supply side options in a wide variety of customer environments.
* Expert use of Trane Trace 700 simulation software and spreadsheets to accurately represent pre and post retrofit building operation.
* Act as a technical resource for the engineering team on complex and advanced engineering projects.
* Customizes software and spreadsheets to achieve desired technical results and presentations.
* Revise TRACE models for additions/changes to the facility that affect existing guarantees or for optimizing existing control strategies.
* Maps out/design project layout (Baseline information) in energy/utility accounting software.
* Analyses data output for trends and/or any deviations that need further investigating.
* Develops/streamlines existing reporting capabilities from a software standpoint and a usability perspective and investigate new technologies.
* Applies general knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
* Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communication with staff, as needed, providing customer feedback.
* Ability and initiative to work independently; a self-starter with a high energy level.
* Desire for hands-on project development and customer contact.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interface professionally with customers.
* Understanding of Construction processes and schedules.
* Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
EDUCATION and/Or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university; minimum of 5 years of experience in energy engineering; proficient with energy analysis tools such as TRACE and System Analyzer.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, general familiarity with computer systems, and ability to learn software applications as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: PE a plus but not required, Valid Driver's license