Energy Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are currently seeking a Program Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Energy division. Our team helps our clients save on their utility costs while creating healthier and more sustainable buildings for their occupants.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
Purpose Statement: Leads team to help clients optimize facility performance.
This person will be responsible for:
* Develop scope and deliverables of a project.
* Consults, plans, and delivers the program working with the client.
* Leads project kick-off meetings.
* Leverages resources internally and externally to deliver projects on time and in budget.
* Documents progress toward goals.
* Act as main point of contact for client communication.
* Develops and manages internal and external subcontractors scope of work.
* Responsible for financial management of projects.
* Provide campaign training and support to client staff and champions .
* Develop and implement project completion plans.
* Identify, assess and mitigate potential project cost impacts.
* Identify and implement opportunities for increasing energy awareness, environmental stewardship and utility cost reduction strategies among client staff.
* Coordinate with the enterprise platform team for implementation and management of product and support services.
* Assist in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans.
* Assist in creating and implementing continuous improvement process.
* Create and deliver processes, standards, and communication vehicles to increase efficiency and decrease risk.
* Develop Key Performance Indicators to set expectations and measure success for projects.
* Analyze and deliver accurate and timely financial results.
* Assist in developing and executing business unit budgets.
Build Cross-functional Relationships
* Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external partners and clients.
* Participate in cross-functional committees and teams.
* Look for and promote cross-functional operational synergies.
* Other duties as required.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Technical Consultant.
* BA/BS degree in engineering, architecture or equivalent work experience required.
* Six (6) years of experience in construction management, building operations, engineering, environmental science or equivalent field required.
* Four (4) years of lead project management experience required.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
* Knowledge of utility accounting and facility information systems; and how to utilize these systems for analyzing, measuring, and reporting required.
* Working knowledge of existing buildings, facility management, active systems, MEPD and architectural systems required.
* Knowledge and experience in energy efficiency and/or sustainability programs required.
* CEM, LEED, CPM professional designations a preferred.
* Detailed understanding of the educational market , K-12 preferred
* Knowledge of reporting, measurement, feedback and control systems preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability and willingness to travel regionally. Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.