Engineer Apprentice 9/16/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
As the Apprentice Engineer you will assist with CE engineering operations monitoring and performing preventive maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems. The position will have a strong focus on building mechanicals, electrical equipment troubleshooting and repairing CE facility equipment, and learning the core functions of an operating engineer.
* Surveys all light fixtures and replace light bulbs as needed. Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; Painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, special cleaning, and general maintenance as assigned.
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials.
* Assists other operational staff members in repair and maintenance of building equipment.
* Under supervision, perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
* Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
* Complies with policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner
* Maintains responsibility for facility services, preventative maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
* Ensure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies and develop sources for stock materials related to maintaining the facility.
* Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace
* Ensure that work performed in client space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate cleanup
* Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand compressed air systems and their supporting components.
* Perform additional job duties as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* One-year previous experience.
* Minimum one year experience in electrical trade (or related field), HVAC refrigeration trade (or related field), and emergency backup systems (Generators, UPS), preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
* Some skills in electrical and mechanical aptitude a must.
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS
* Capable of lifting at least 50lbs and using ladders up to 12 .
* The individual in this role must be available for call-in work and perform other duties as required.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with, as of December 31, 2015, revenue of $6.0 billion and fee revenue of $5.2 billion, more than 280 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the company provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. As of September 30, 2016, its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.7 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.