Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 700 consultants, including more than 425 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Buildings and Structures Practice is searching for an Engineer/Associate in our Menlo Park, CA office. The individual in this position will be conducting analytical and computer problem solving, performing experimental field investigations and diagnostic surveys, and maintaining client relations. Responsibilities will include inspection, analysis and determination of root causes of structural performance failures, development of risk mitigation strategies for structures and continued professional development towards establishing professional expertise. Assignments will require the ability to gather information from and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and industry. Come join us and work in a multi-disciplinary setting with hundreds of bright, like-minded engineers and scientists from around the world.
Qualifications for this position include:
* Ph.D. in Civil/Structural Engineering or a related field is required
* P.E. or S.E. license or the ability to become licensed within two years in the State of California
* Excellent creative problem solving ability
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently as well as lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams
* Strong desire to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and exciting consulting environment
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer. Back Email Apply Now