This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThrough the life cycle of a new part or for a mature production line, the Engineer may:
* Assist the lead Project/Manufacturing Engineer and assigned project team on a program to develop or improve manufacturing methods and processes in the production of conforming parts and assemblies.
* Work closely with the process team to develop and implement tooling and process designs, translating the concept into a highly producible product by meeting qualification criteria for identified key product requirements and specs.
* Support the preparation of production documentation including work instructions and travelers.
* Review product made with engineering, manufacturing and quality to verify conformity and, when the product is non-conforming, assist in determining root cause and corrective action.
* Support training of production personnel in the correct methods of manufacture, once the processes are defined and documented.
* Support periodic engineering/technical project updates as needed by customer.
* BS Engineering degree.
* 0-2 years experience in aerospace composite manufacturing (i.e. 2D Layup, RTM/VARTM, autoclave processing, fiber, fiber preforms) is desirable.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) to enable the creation of work instruction and other production documentation.
* Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, with a basic understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
* Demonstrated experience with CAD software (SolidWorks, UG, CATIA V5, AutoCad, etc.)
* Use of manual metrology instruments
* Working knowledge or understanding of lean tools such as 5S, Visual Factory, value stream mapping is desired.
The following preferred skills and abilities shall be demonstrated by a candidate for Engineer:
* Proven problem solving skills in teamwork setting
* Willingness to perform \\"hands-on\\" work in dynamic work setting
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Action Oriented
* Results Driven
* Strong Decision-making
* Customer Focus
* Flexible and adaptable
* Well organized and disciplined
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled