This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Jim Kay & Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGINEER-CHICAGO AREA
The Product Development Engineer will work with customers and the sales team to develop product designs that meet the customer's functional requirements.
* Interface directly with the customer to ascertain all the essential information concerning part function and testing information that will affect the part design.
* Assist Sales in design related projects such as: prototyping new parts and providing design recommendations, analyzing metal to plastic conversion opportunities, identifying new opportunities through design change and piece part design development.
* Utilize CAD skills and knowledge of the tool construction and the molding process to meet the customer's needs while minimizing design related manufacturing and quality issues.
* Manage product design and development for new or existing products.
* Be responsible for assigned duties involving the analysis of customer design inputs and requirements.
* Oversee design activities, determine the sequence of production operations, and determine equipment and tooling requirements.
* Analyze production methods to ensure time and cost objectives are met.
* Identify sources for design, build and prototyping activities.
* Perform mold simulation analysis utilizing Moldex 3D to enhance product design and assure a robust manufacturing process capable of producing parts at a zero-defect level.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Plastics Technology, or completion of a related apprenticeship or a 2year technical degree plus 5years of related working experience.
* 3-5years of Product Development/Design related experience.
* 3-5years of plastic mold injection experience including understanding of various types and methods
* Good knowledge of tool design and molding principles.
* Strong computer skills in CAD (preferably SolidWorks), Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Experience with prototyping and the various forms.
* Understanding of analytical tools including mold flow, cooling and warp simulation, FEA's and the related software used to predict mold behavior.
* Knowledge of DOE's and statistical data collection.
* Ability to perform difficult work on highly technical or involved projects, presenting new or constantly changing problems. Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex factors and ideas not easily evaluated and to make decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
* Overall understanding of numerous raw materials
* Experience with high speed assembly equipment and part design related to assembly.
* Strong communication skills and professional demeanor with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
* Problem solving approach with ability to proactively approach issues.
* Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma a plus.
* Bilingual a plus, Must be able to travel when necessary.