This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations.
We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification. Together with our partners, we drive the industry forwards by developing best practices and standards.
Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL - Data Assessment group within integrity solutions is currently seeking entry level engineers to support it's team of intregrity engineers. The Integrity Solutions section supports the midstream Oil and Gas industry with it's services related to the program reviews to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations, remaining life strategies using industry accepted methodologies for cracks, dents, metal loss, as well as interacting threats, and fitness for service analysis following significant incidents. The section uses it's tools and experience to provide guidance and analysis results that the pipeline operators can use to make integrity and compliance decisions. This position will be located in our Columbus, Ohio office. The entry level engineers typically support the integrity projects through the following types of tasks:
Tasks May Include
* Assist in analyzing multiple sets of pipeline data using Excel or specialized software packages
* Complete technical pipeline engineering assessments (e.g. defect assessments, change in operating conditions, change in stress conditions)
* Problem solving using data analysis techniques
* Perform data alignment and data integration related to integrity management
* Successfully compose technical reports in a clear and concise manner
What We\'re Asking
* Must have an Engineering degree in Material Science, Mechanical, or Petroleum Engineering
* One year of related work experience or internship in lieu of related work experience
* Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel
* Must be proficient with Technical Writing and Problem Solving abilities
* Must have an attention to detail
* Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the year
* Must be able to perform regular functions of the job (standing, lifting, climbing, other)
* We conduct pre-employment drug testing and background check screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V