Engineer- Cost Segregation Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
Boca Raton, FL
The Cost Segregation group of CBIZ MHM, LLC in our Boca Raton, Florida office is seeking an engineer to join our rapidly growing nationwide Cost Segregation group.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top ten providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
Our Cost Segregation team provides real estate investors and owners significant tax benefits by accelerating federal tax deductions for buildings and improvements. As a cost segregation Manager, you will analyze all types of properties ranging from hotels, casinos, golf courses, apartments, restaurants, offices, retail and anything in-between. The successful candidate will assist investors, business owners, and corporate executives to realize the significant increase in cash flow that results from a quality cost segregation study. In order to do this, one will learn to apply and integrate the skill sets often utilized in the following industries: valuation, engineering, construction management, legal analysis, and tax planning.
You will work with the Managing Director of Cost Segregation and other members of the team. You will be managing your own projects and will have extensive client contact. Projects typically last from one week to a month and are heavily deadline oriented. Since our large client base spans across the country, you will have an opportunity to travel as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working with clients to procure data related to acquisition or construction and to ensure client satisfaction.
* Analyze construction cost ledgers, contractor payment applications, and other cost documentation and reconcile to accounting records.
* Perform takeoffs utilizing blueprints and physical site inspections
* Estimate unit costs utilizing costing manuals such as RS Means and Marshall & Swift
* Determine the appropriate tax life for each component of a building by researching and identifying relevant case law and tax code
* Understand and utilize the tangible property regulations and the application of the regulations to various projects
* Write reports and prepare schedules that support findings from analysis
* Perform all aspects of client field work relating to real estate appraisal engagements
* Researching data for analysis (Market/Sales/Rent/Regional, etc)
* Analyzing property data and real estate income and expense statements
* Understanding of real estate appraisal valuation methodology and concepts
* May perform administrative support functions, client communication letters, request forms, etc.
* Extensive research and report writing skills
* Communicating and resolving questions or problems with clients
* Bachelor s degree in civil engineering (preferred),construction management, construction engineering, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering required
* 7 years of relevant experience
* 3+ years of supervisory experience strongly preferred
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Must possess a valid in-state drivers license as overnight travel will be required
* Proficient computer ability relative to the constructing of complex formulas and macros
* Proficient in all Microsoft Office products (excel, word, etc.)
* Candidate should be state certified general licensed or working on licensing requirements
Come grow your career with us!
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf