This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEngineer Embedded Controls
Take Forklift Design to the Next Level
Hyster-Yale Group is looking for an energetic and innovative software engineer for our embedded controls Product Development team in Portland, Oregon. This engineering position plays an important role in creating, modifying, and implementing software solutions across multiple platforms. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization, including marketing, manufacturing, procurement, and test, to ensure that we deliver quality forklift trucks. The right person in this role is integral to our continued success in the forklift industry. We hire cool people and make tough trucks. Join our team!
In this position, you will:
* Develop, design, release, and follow up development activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer
* Provide support to the Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups engaged in the project.
* Develop system and component level requirements from truck level requirements
* Work with suppliers to deliver total truck performance
* Develop software for vehicle control using embedded systems in C language
* Develop system models using Matlab/Simulink/Simscape
* Work with global software engineering team to develop efficient, cost effective electrical, electronic, and software architectures which meet or exceed customer expectations
* Develop, Simulate and verify software to ensure it meets requirements
* Develop software for control of alternative energy systems
* Collaborate with electronic systems suppliers to deliver total truck performance.
* Develop Graphical User Interface(GUI) software for vehicles
* BS/MS ME/EE/EET CPE with embedded software skills
* Development experience in C programming language
* Development experience with Matlab/Simulink/Simscape
* Knowledge of control systems, motor fundamentals, and vehicle system dynamics,
* Knowledge of CAN bus systems (SAE-J1939 or CAN Open) preferred
* Development experience in C programming language preferred
* Requires innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving
* Experience and interest in industrial equipment (materials handling, automotive, agricultural, construction, or similar)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to Detail and Quality: Adhere to procedures. Ensure accuracy in design, testing, and documentation.
* Decision Making: Exhibit good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues. Make decisions and take action to develop and test product
* Systematic Problem Solving: Regularly solve problems with a systematic problem solving process.
* Teamwork and Flexibility: Flourish in a team environment. Work cooperatively with other employees, other departments, and suppliers. Solicit opinions from coworkers. Support group decisions and embrace team spirit. Work comfortably and effectively in an environment where project priorities may shift in response to customer needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.