This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.If you are a monitoring engineer with a strong passion for technology, have a keen sense of Business and are obsessed with customer satisfaction; look no further. T-Mobile is looking for someone like you to join a team of highly qualified and motivated engineers to work on state-of-the-art real-time monitoring platforms. This role interacts with internal customers, drives solutions, and operations of these new services/platforms to ensure success. Ideal candidate will have a balanced mix of experience with monitoring, application DevOps with good IP networking skills.Enterprise Core CompetenciesRequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Minimum Required
- Hands on experience with network and application monitoring tools.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience with Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, able to work well under pressure and deliver results
- General proficiency with MS Office
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- 3-4+ years IT/Technical engineering experienceDesired
- N-Tier Application support. (If a tier was broken or not working well, could you find RCA and fix it?)
- Proficiency with Wireshark or similar networking tools. I.e. ExtraHop
- Experience with Data & DB. (You should be quick with a query)
- Experience with data visualization. I.e. Tableau, BO, Edge
- Ability to handle technical issues in a fast paced environment with minimal supervisionEducationMinimum Required
- Bachelors Degree. Technical discipline
- In lieu of a degree, applicable experience may be considered.
* LI-TECH-AC1Essential Functions
- System Design:
Design, develop and document monitoring solutions using T-Mobile's enterprise monitoring tools. Work will include defining requirements, design, deployment, validation as well as supporting, maintaining and patching the monitoring environment.
- Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Support Network Validation:
Develop test plans for new major releases and key features. Support the feature verification in lower environments and production too.
- Feasibility Analysis:
Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- SME Operational support:
Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems. Work with senior team members on Roadmap/Vendor Management:
Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .