Engineer I - Civil 9/3/2016
Hatch Mott MacDonald
Cape May, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Our Cape May, NJ office is current looking to a graduate or junior engineer to work in our Municipal Engineering group with support on municipal projects including Roadway, Water/Wasteweater, Sewer/Stormwater, and Coastal Improvement projects.
* Works on projects of increasing difficulty, with work being reviewed periodically by supervisor.
* Assists in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for project.
* Receives objectives and technical advice from supervisor.
* Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data.
* May conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaption or modifications of equipment or procedures; records data; analyzes data and prepares reports.
* Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
* Extracts engineering data from various prescribed sources; processes the data following well-defined methods; and presents the data in prescribed form.
* Performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving relatively limited responsibility and general instructions as to methods and procedures to be followed.
* Performs standard practices and techniques in specific situations.
* Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.
* Performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas, plots data and draws curves and graphs.
* Attends meetings with Clients and Contractors.
* Receives and reviews various Shop Drawings for projects.
* Has direct contact with clients.
* Prepares preconstruction cost estimates / engineer s estimates for projects.
* B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required.
* E.I.T, FE preferred.
* 0-2 years experience in hydraulics and the design, permitting or construction management of water, wastewater municipal or roadway projects.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus..