Engineer I - Mechanical (Memphis, TN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONGroup presentation
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking an experienced Engineer I - Mechanical to join our world class team in Memphis, TN.
Essential Job Functions:
* Design mechanical components of elevator systems including, but not limited to control systems
* Read sales documents and specifications to fully understand the systems required for the components being used
* Use computer-assisted engineering and design software/equipment to perform assignments
* Generate designs per abstracts, layouts and approved established design drawings
* Update designs per abstracts, layouts and approved established design drawings
* Assess, plan and produce documentation for Modernization, New Sales Hydraulic and traction elevators
* Achieve up to 50% proficiency in one to two product lines of the cross-training matrix
* Achieve successful completion of Basic A17.1 and NEC Code Training
* Work under close supervision for coaching, training and skill development
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or General Engineering Technology required
* One to five years' related experience or knowledge within the field of mechanical engineering required
* General understanding of mechanical concepts required
* Possess the ability to closely follow instructions and pre-established procedures/SOP to perform the functions of the job required
* General knowledge and experience using computer-assisted design software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Blue Beam/Adobe Writer preferred
* Possess the ability to gain a good understanding of available product line options whether CAD supported or not
* Possess strong customer service skills
* Possess the ability to work well within a team environment while demonstrating the ability to make decisions
* Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required
* Requires less than 10% travel time
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.