Engineer I, R&D Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 285265
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
R&D ENGINEER I
Develops products, materials, processes, or equipment for projects of moderate complexity. Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- This position will be a part of the EXPPLORATORY R&D GROUP, that researches and designs new medical device products for Endoscopy division.
- Participate and support in market research studies with upstream marketing.
- Execute projects to develop PRODUCTS AND CONCEPTS on specific disease states, procedures unique to healthcare delivery systems in target markets.
- Voice of Customer - Develop customer insights processes and tools like Biodesign, Ethnography, contextual innovation and implement the same to develop a portfolio of prioritized customer needs; with focus on all stakeholders (5P's - Patient, physician, payor, provider and policy makers)
- Fully participates in and successfully contributes to project teams typically including the following activities: product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process capability studies, research investigations (animal and clinical studies), report preparation, and process/test documentation.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures, and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Performs troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Invents/ creates concepts and designs for new products/processes, and submits idea disclosures.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians.
- Works cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing to ensure project success.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through delivery of high quality deliverables.
- Identifies areas for improvement, suggests solutions, and submits idea records.
- Successful candidate will be expected to exhibit individual initiative, work independently and be technically proficient and accurate.
- Prior research experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 1-3 years related experience (medical device industry experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with Biodesign, Ethnographic Research, Customer Insights and Technology Landscaping / Scouting preferred.
- Organized and able to successfully achieve milestones
- Travel up to 35%
- Experience with product development in regulated industry.
Quaity System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, R&D Engineer, Medical Device Engineer, Product Development, Engineering, Research