Engineer II/III - Water/Wastewater
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
Hatch Mott MacDonald
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We are seeking a mid-level water/wastewater engineer to join our water and wastewater team in Jacksonville, FL. We are a growing Water/Wastewater division with several locations in Florida. In this position you will work alongside with local water and wastewater experts on design projects and will aid senior level Engineers on various water/wastewater projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Pipeline, pump station, drainage and treatment plant planning design
* Assists in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for project.
* Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data.
* May conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaption or modifications of equipment or procedures; records data; analyzes data and prepares reports.
* Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
* Extracts engineering data from various prescribed sources; processes the data following well-defined methods; and presents the data in prescribed form.
* Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.
* Performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas, plots data and draws curves and graphs.
* Attends meetings with Clients and Contractors.
* Receives and reviews various Shop Drawings for projects.
* Prepares and submits permit forms to clients and municipalities. Follows up on the status of applications.
* Has direct contact with clients.
* Prepares preconstruction cost estimates / engineer s estimates for projects.
This individual may be expected to travel to our other offices in Florida which includes locations in Tallahassee, Pensacola, and Panama City. Candidate Specification
* B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required.
* 2-5 years of experience in water or wastewater design.
* Working knowledge in any one of the following: AutoCAD, Excel, Word, ArcView, hydraulic modeling software a plus.
* Candidate must have excellent writing and speaking skills.
* EIT Required
* PE preferred or on track to sit for PE in the next few years..