Engineer II, IT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Controls and Automation Engineer will provide leadership in the selection, standardization, and deployment of Process Control and Data Acquisition equipment and instrumentation.
* Proved subject matter leadership in advanced troubleshooting techniques based on business requirements.
* Govern and sustain ATI Process and Control MES Systems standards, specifications and conventions.
* Ensure all Configuration Control Process are followed throughout the facilities responsible for.
* Facilitate root cause and corrective actions for any troubleshooting activities and ensure sustainable solutions are deployed beyond containments.
* Ensure all solutions meet the requirements for reliability, availability, scalability and supportability.
* Provide direction and leadership in the development of Task Element Sheets for all undocumented maintenance activities.
* Coordinate the introduction of emerging technologies into the ATI Manufacturing Operations in a rapid, standardized and sustainable method.
* Provide leadership in safety related initiatives pertaining to Controls and Automation.
* Assist in the enhancement and sustaining of overall technical capability and competence of maintenance and instrumentation technicians across all sites.
* BSCE or BSEE degree with 3+ years' experience in a similar role preferably military (preferred) OR
ASCE or ASEE degree with 5+ years' experience in a similar role preferably military (required) OR
6 years' Military experience in similar field is equivalent to the above education requirements
* Experience with Industry Standard Product Life Cycle Techniques specific to Software and Hardware Configuration Control
* Experience working in PLC Based Control Systems, preferably Allen Bradley
* Experience in SCADA Systems, Sustainability Methodologies and Standards
* Experience working on automation systems in a programming and troubleshooting capacity, as well as database programming and usage.
* Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization and drive collaboration across all levels of the business
* Working knowledge of ISA-88 and ISA-95 Specifications
* Strong Influence and Coaching Skills
* Detail oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
* Strong skills in Excel, Word and database software applications.
* Proven ability to successfully implement improvements using lean principles & best practices (ATIBS)
* Ability to handle the planning, supervisory and control technology collectively and apply it effectively to the communication and information needs of the enterprise.
* Ability to train, coordinate & prioritize work for other team members
* Good interpersonal skills
* Understanding of electrical fundamentals and safety practices.
* Understanding of process controls systems and power distribution systems.
* Understanding of mechanical and hydraulic systems of all types.
* Understanding of variable frequency drives and motor theory.
ATI Metals and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled