This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Engineer II is responsible to develop and improve new as well as existing manufacturing methods, equipment, and processes utilizing innovative approaches to produce a high quality product at optimal cost. Projects assigned are moderate visibility, low to mid-level capital investments, moderate complexity in nature and broad scope. The incumbent should be able to complete project assignments in a timely manner with moderate to minimal supervision.
Primary responsibilities are to:
* Continually improve manufacturing methods, systems, and processes to optimize product performance and reduce costs.
* Provide engineering support to manufacturing operation to meet manufacturing objectives and address product related issues arising from the production floor on a routine basis.
* Perform timely technical investigations and provide practical manufacturing solutions utilizing problem solving skills and techniques to identify root causes, corrective and preventative actions, develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities.
* Design and/or specify equipment, fixtures, or tooling per manufacturing requirements and product specifications.
* Works closely with Manufacturing, Maintenance, and BPI related to process improvements, maintenance, and related Capital projects for Manufacturing Operation.
* Develop plans to evaluate process repeatability and stability through equipment qualification and process validation applying six sigma methodologies as appropriate.
* Work in cross functional teams which may include personnel from Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing, QA, and Regulatory Affairs.
* Participates in project teams.
* Identify and leads safety projects.
* Prepare specifications, solicits bids, and procures equipment or services from vendors and contractors.
Requires basic knowledge of and application of principles and theories of engineering as demonstrated by previous work experience.
* Good oral and written communication skills to effectively convey requirements, resolve conflicts, achieve objectives.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
* Good project, time management, computer, and analytical/problem solving skills.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial preferred).
Experience: Minimum 2 plus years in medical device manufacturing or manufacturing in a regulated environment such as medical device or pharmaceutical is preferred but not required.
Skills: Working knowledge in the generation of equipment specifications and creating/executing IOPQ s.
* Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, technicians and designers in a fast pace working environment to meet customer demands.
Experience with the following equipment a plus: freeze dryers (lyophilizers), filling machine, automated packaging, pumps, mixers, CIP, SIP, filter press, centrifuge, and ultra filtration skids.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.