Engineer II, Quality
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Control and Communication Systems
Quality Engineer 2, Esterline
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and services principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control & Communication Systems is comprised of seven wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. Our product and service brands include: AVISTA software and systems engineering services; BVR motion control and avionics computing; KORRY cockpit display and control products; MASON flight controls; RACAL Acoustics military headsets, PALOMAR products for secure communications systems, and ECLIPSE signal intelligence. Our operations are located in Platteville, WI; Rockford, IL; Everett, WA; Sylmar, CA;; Rancho Santa Margarita, CA and Dallas, TX.
Korry Electronics is part of Esterline Control Systems Technologies Corporation.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600+
Title: Quality Engineer 2
Job Family: Quality Engineering
Reports to: Manager, Quality Engineering
Works with: All levels of the organization including Senior Staff, mid-level managers and supervisors, and all employees.
Location: Located at Korry facility in Everett, WA
Type: Full Time
This Quality Engineer 2 will ensure compliance throughout the organization on major programs from product design through manufacturing and product support. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and reporting on all Quality-related activities to insure fulfillment of contracts and purchase order requirements. This position requires a strong team player with experience creating integrated product teams and a desire for maintaining a high commitment to both new and sustaining production processes. (This position is covered by the FAA. Employees hired into FAA covered positions are subject to pre-employment FAA Drug and Alcohol testing and placed in our random, on-going testing pool).
* Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma techniques to facilitate process improvements, reduce waste, and support continuous improvement
* Conduct independent statistical data analyses to obtain improvement actions and facilitate problem solving
* Perform assessments and audits on processes and procedures to ensure compliance to specifications, procedures, and industry standards (i.e. ISO9001/AS9100)
* Prepare reports, corrective action statements, metrics, and other documents in support of assigned product lines
* Review proposals, contracts, specifications and other technical data to determine Quality requirements; implementing these requirements into processes
* Investigate deficiencies that are internally generated or supplier-caused to determine causes, corrective actions and disposition the defects.
* Provide technical direction to personnel inspecting and testing product
* Participate in both Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to ensure that product and process risk are identified and mitigated to allow efficient and effective manufacturing within the constraints of customer and company requirements
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO 9001.
* Excellent verbal / written communications and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs and negotiation.
* Strong business acumen and strong problem solving skills.
* Self-motivated, organized, and effectively achieves team and group goals.
* Proven ability as an independent, objective, open-minded thinker during planning discussions and during execution of audits.
* Proven professional attitude during the execution of an audit.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite of products.
* Experience in Software Quality is a plus.
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Problem Solving
* Integrity and Trust
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Values Diversity
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* BS degree in Engineering or related technical discipline preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of a 4-year degree may be considered.
* 3 -5 years related experience required
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).