Engineer II, R&D Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 288063
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
PURPOSE: The R&D Engineer II will be involved in development of key future products that carry significant planned investment and growth potential for Boston Scientific. This role will demand excellence in key technology developments, and will be at the forefront of research and development for patient-critical procedures.
- The employee will be working in teams developing new products working with designs, materials, processes, and equipment with minimal supervision. Working with the team and independently the employee will engage in project planning as well as do detailed engineering work executing experiments, analyzing data, working toward establishing test methods, product design outputs, and process specifications.
- Fully participates in and successfully contributes to project teams typically including the following activities: product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process capability studies, research investigations (animal and clinical studies), report preparation, and process/test documentation.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures, and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Performs troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Invents/ creates concepts and designs for new products/processes, and submits idea disclosures.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians.
- Works cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing to ensure project success.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through delivery of high quality deliverables.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with a mechanical emphasis.
- Proven ability to work within product development process and to get things done.
- Understanding of the technical and regulatory requirements and processes associated with complex medical devices. Self-Starter with the ability to work independently to plan, schedule and execute activities necessary to meet project timelines.
- 2-4 years related experience in a medical device industry
- Product development experience, ideally having experience through the product development cycle and successful product launch
- Medical device quality systems experience
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Product Development, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Research, Quality, Engineering