This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Matrix PDM Engineering
The Process Engineer II will be primarily responsible for developing designs, calculations, specifications drawings, and schedules (lists) for the process equipment and valving associated with various types of turnkey industrial facilities for the gas and petroleum industries.
* Review Request for Proposal packages from customers including instructions, technical specifications, drawings and technical data.
* Develop pre-contract engineering drawings and specifications, which will permit others to develop equipment and construction estimates.
* Review technical documents associated with contracts.
* Develop process simulations, and document these on Process Flow Diagrams.
* Develop P&I diagrams.
* Develop specifications for process equipment, valving and piping specialty items.
* Review vendor quotations and prepare bid tabulations.
* Prepare facility operating and maintenance manuals.
* Prepare purging, cooldown and other specialty procedures.
* Work with field crews to resolve equipment installation issues.
* Participate in facility precommissioning, commissioning and startup activities.
* Provide operator training.
* Travel to meetings with customers and regulators as required.
* Actively supports the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
* Perform additional responsibilities, as directed.
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Bachelors or Master s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
* 2+ years of heavy industrial experience in process design of turnkey projects for the natural gas and petrochemical industries.
* Knowledge of NFPA-59A, NFPA-58 and 49 CFR Part 193
* Experience using process simulation software packages such as WinSim and HYSYS
* Knowledge of industrial construction as it pertains to the petrochemical, natural gas, power generation and aerospace industries
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and good organizational skills
* Ability to perform with some supervision
* Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
* Strong computer skills, including MathCAD, Excel and MS Word are preferred.
* Licensed Professional Engineer or EIT is preferred.
Must be able to occasionally spend time at jobsites supporting startup activities. Must be able to travel to meetings with customers and regulators as required. Occasional overtime may be required.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.