Engineer, IT Test-Sr - Lyndhurst, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Engineer, IT Test-Sr - Lyndhurst, NJ.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763330
Provide quality releases for our stakeholders and to our customers. Provide quality assurance subject matter expertise. Design, develop and execute manual and automated test cases to validate new product enhancements. Troubleshoot and resolve production support problems reported by customers and Development Operations (Dev Ops).
1. Provide functional and technical expertise within a product domain area and/or test automation.
2. Contribute in establishing, revising and verifying quality standards, processes, and procedures.
3. Contribute to the integrity of the test plans, test data, test environment, and coordination with support areas for specific projects and within subject matter expertise areas.
4. Develop test plans & detailed test cases from functional product requirements and design specification documents to ensure testing adheres to established company processes
5. Evaluate and provide input on functional product requirements and design specifications during test planning stages of software development life cycle.
6. Design and develop test cases to ensure products meet all functional and design requirements. Includes developing manual and automated regression, functional, GUI, and performance tests.
7. Setup and configure test environments.
8. Evaluate and test new or modified programs and software applications.
9. Execute manual and automated tests, report execution results, and attest to the quality of the enhancement or defect fix.
10. Execute integration tests with product interface partners & other products in the software solution stream.
11. Report identified defects in the software, using defect-tracking tool.
12. Maintain pre-existing (regression) test cases to keep current as new enhancements are introduced.
13. Work closely with business analysts, development and QA Team to vet requirements changes and to resolve new release and production defects.
14. Collect quality metrics, perform trend analysis.
15. Identify and champion process improvements.
16. Assist Documentation and Training departments in product knowledge transfer of new releases.
17. Train and mentor junior level testers to develop strong team environment and team skills.
18. Automation engineers will:
a. Design, develop, implement, and maintain automated test cases based upon the custom automation framework using object oriented programming techniques and leveraging multiple test automation tools such as Silktest and Selenium, at the GUI level, & SOATest or JSON calls at the Web Service layer.
b. Provide peer reviews and inspections to ensure automation plans and test cases adhere to team coding standards, best practices, and are optimized for performance, maintainability, reusability, portability and stability.
c. Design and develop innovative custom utilities, tools, and solutions to enhance overall automation framework and execution.
d. Evaluate, recommend, and implement open source and other tools and methods to continuously improve automated testing performance and efficiency.
* Bachelor's degree (BS) or greater in applicable field, or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 4 years software testing experience.
* 3 years experience with evaluation methods in the design, development and debugging of software systems including: software testing, GUI testing, and software development life cycle.
* 2 years experience with test automation tools, defect-tracking systems, SQL queries, test plan and test case development.
* 2 years experience using enterprise Java, C++ or .NET (or comparable object oriented technologies) in an application or automation development capacity
Must be willing to work weekends and some nights
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.