Engineer - Mechanical 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sunoco fuel can be found in 27 states, and its brand recognized worldwide as the official racing fuel of NASCAR, INDYCAR, the National Hot Rod Association, the American Motorcyclist Association and more than 50 other racing series. Sunoco's commitment to performance and innovation continues, driving a new period of expansion.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership whose territory ranges from Maine to Hawaii, and we continue to expand. Sunoco LP that operates approximately 1,340 convenience stores (including APlus, Stripes, Aloha Island Mart and Tigermarket brands) and retail fuel sites, and distributes motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states at approximately 6,800 sites.
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) owns SUN's general partner and incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of companies controls approximately 71,000 miles of pipelines, supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco is about committing yourself to things that matter, including great customer service, quality performance, teamwork, integrity, and pride. At Sunoco we have a passion for creativity, new ideas and teamwork and we are looking for the best and brightest talent.
Engineering professional for convenience store industry. This position provides support to the construction and maintenance divisions in addressing various engineering issues associated with existing facilities and new to industry builds. In addition to that, the engineer's role will be to provide support in maintaining current engineering standards and prototype within their given discipline. The successful candidate will be counted on to drive discussions as they pertain to their discipline and its relation to convenience store facilities.
Provide engineering support and direction to the marketing, construction, maintenance, procurement, and operations department.
* Works with stakeholders, consultants, and CM's in maintaining and updating the standard proto-types as it relates to specific disciplines.
* Coordinates with stakeholders, consultants and general contractors in the development, design, and analysis of project drawings or complete remodel projects; ensures project drawings are compatible and accurate
* Assist in the development of detailed scopes of work for project implementation
* Review RFI's, submittals, and vendor shop drawings for conformance to design standards and specifications within specific discipline.
* Develops technical designs; analyzes, creates, and produces drawings, ensuring their accuracy, timely completion, and compliance with accepted standards. Performs drafting, detailing, and designing to produce engineering documents.
* Provides review of design information, construction documents and shop drawings. Recommends appropriate changes and revisions to ensure compatibility with design drawings and compliance with local, state and federal codes.
* Completes basic cost analysis to determine actual cost of construction designs and specifications
* Solves engineering issues for new construction, maintenance and remodel projects. Reviews design submittals from outside consultants; responds to outside consultant questions regarding standards of quality.
* Drive for Results - Focused commitment to continually compete against a standard of excellence.
* Resourceful - Versatile and flexible in responding to business priorities.
* Project Planning & Organization - Break large deliverables into components for assignment, progression, and completion of the whole; solves problems.
* Solutions-Oriented - Comprehend and understand stakeholder needs; translate into personal accountability and deliverables.
* Communication - Identify opportunities and needs for information; proactively deliver messages to optimize actions and outcomes.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Outstanding verbal, written and multi-tasking and presentation skills required
* Demonstrated ability to simplify complex information and refine it to achievable steps relative to a wide variety of learning styles and levels
* Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills
* Must possess attention to detail
* Excellent working knowledge of Engineering Practices, Principles, Procedures and Concepts
* Knowledge of Building Codes, Local, State and Federal Regulations
* Strong documentation and records retention experience; excellent organization skills
* Good knowledge of construction and best practices
* Excellent communication skills both oral and in written form
* Good overall working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office software required
* Ability to analyze, gather and interpret data
* Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
* Educational background in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical engineering
* Engineer II: Bachelor's Degree with 5-10 years of experience, Professional Engineering Licensed preferred
* Experience in project management a plus
* Experience in retail / restaurant service industry a plus
* Candidate must be capable of working flexible hours as needed.
* Ability to travel 10 % of the time..