This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
UL is seeking an Engineer to join our Energy & Power Technologies team in Melville, NY. Under general supervision, manages execution and timely completion of engineering projects by analyzing project scope and determining project specifications, establishing test programs for product investigations, analyzing test programs for adequacy and sequence, examining samples for compliance with UL requirements, and preparing reports for clients.
* Determines project scope, develops a preliminary plan of investigation, and determines project specifications such as cost, time, and sample requirements by analyzing client input, available supplemental data, and product construction. Projects may include travel to conduct or witness tests at client sites.
* Initiates communication with clients to promote and explain the benefits of new and existing services. Follows up on contacts from clients. Communicates with clients to discuss technical issues, explain UL procedures and requirements, convey project cost, and negotiate completion date and sample requirements. Acts to address client concerns and to resolve client issues. Provides technical assistance to clients in reference to product inspection and follow-up services.
* Establishes appropriate test programs by reviewing files and manufacturer's information, examining samples, and applying UL requirements. Is familiar with applicable standards, company manuals and appropriate technical literature. Examines samples for compliance with UL requirements and notifies client of any areas in which the product is not in compliance or of any changes in project scope or specifications.
* Coordinates laboratory activities by preparing data sheets and instructions to technicians, scheduling and reviewing work of laboratory technicians and engineering assistants, and establishing completion dates. Coordinates administrative aspects of project management. May serve as Project Handler of record and/or Reviewer of record as assigned.
* Communicates project status and results to clients through frequent contact and by preparing reports. Prepares Follow-Up Service Procedures and information pages.
* Resolves engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analyzing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations.
* Assists in the development of UL requirements. Assists in developing special test methods and test equipment. Analyzes test program for adequacy and sequence. May coordinate and/or perform File Reviews, as directed. May represent UL at industry related functions such as seminars and trade shows.
University Degree in Electrical Engineering (or closely related Engineering degree) from an ABET accredited program.
Learn more about UL!
We accept the uniqueness in individuals and see it as a powerful asset to our employees, services and community.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without sponsorship.
Relocation assistance unavailable for this position