Engineer, Prin R&D- Electrical Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 285082
At Boston Scientific Endoscopy, it takes imagination to make science more transformative. It starts with our customers - working closely with physicians to transform the way they deliver patient care through minimally invasive procedures - empowering them with innovative, leading edge devices that you engineer.
In the Endoscopy division, we have a robust product line and pipeline that provide advanced technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding.
If you believe you have what it takes, Boston has an exciting opportunity for Principal R&D Engineer to join our team as an innovative technical leader that will own the development of a next generation device for BSC's Endoscopy Division.
- This position will be responsible for leading & successful execution of the Exploratory & Technology Development Projects ; and will be a part of THE STRATEGIC INNOVATION team, that researches and designs new medical device products for Endoscopy division.
- The successful candidate will have an electronics and software background with a focus on new product development, especially integrating various sensors and MEMS devices in Medical Devices, Signal processing and Algorithm development for healthcare applications.
- Interfaces with Physicians/Cath Lab personnel to identify needs and to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices and to translate customer needs into product concepts.
- Design, implement and test medical devices consisting of complex, integrated hardware and software systems intended for acquisition, processing and analysis of physiologic signals.
- Drives complex or novel assignment requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined technologies, products, materials, processes, equipment, and/or scientific method to broaden BSC's Intellectual Property in key strategic areas.
- Successfully completes engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
- Provides guidance to product and technology teams.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of alternative engineering processes, products, or equipment.
- Coordinates, manages, and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions.
- Develops and coaches others on engineering documentation.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and less experienced engineers.
- Leads engineering teams to the successful completion of project goals.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through coaching and delivery of high quality, high impact deliverables.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field; MS preferred
- 8+ years of engineering work experience (medical device field preferred); 6 years with MS.
- Experience with product development in regulated industry.
- Design of analog and digital electronics including PCB design, Wireless Communication standards, and Bio-Electrical interfaces.
- Experience designing / integrating MEMS or Sensors with Medical Devices (preferred).
- Experience with medical devices performing real-time data acquisition (preferred).
- Working knowledge of IEC 60601 standards, including EMC testing
- Electronic troubleshooting, including use of standard measurement equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes)
- Manufacture and test of Medical Electronic Equipment
- Software/Programming: MATLAB, Python, C++, VHDL, Altium or OrCad, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office Suite
Quality Systems Requirements:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Product Development, RF, Engineering, Research, Quality, Science