Engineer, Prin R&D Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 285084
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
ENGINEER, PRINCIPAL R&D
- Develops products, materials, processes, or equipment for complex systems under limited supervision/guidance.
- Independently compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- Identifies and evaluates concepts to build technology roadmaps
- Research Engineer responsible for identifying and evaluating illumination technologies for imaging applications (60%)
- Develop technology reports and roadmaps to support product development (30%)
- Act as subject matter expert for imaged-based products across a wide range of applications (10%)
- Identify, prototype and evaluate illumination technologies for imaging applications
- Compile technology reports and roadmaps
- Effectively communicate technology findings through reports, presentations and internal meetings
- Work with Technicians to prototype technologies for appropriate evaluation
- Provide electronic and system level troubleshooting of prototype devices
- Work as a "hands-on" Engineer in performing prototyping, troubleshooting and testing
- Conduct feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality or to assess existing technologies
- Identify and direct project activities and timeline to meet objectives in a timely manner and within budget
- Solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations
- Summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from complex test results
- Prepare complex reports and communicate results to technical community
- Consistently generate innovative and unique solutions to market needs and submit idea disclosures
- Responsible for engineering documentation
- Work cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on complex projects to ensure project success
- Train and/or provide work direction to lower level engineers and technicians
- Successfully completes complex engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials or products, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation
- Demonstrate PDP/TDP system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables
- BS in Engineering or related technical field, MS preferred
- 8+ years of engineering work experience (medical device field preferred)
- Design of analog and digital electronics including PCB design
- Working knowledge of image/video processing
- Working knowledge of optical systems (illumination and imaging)
- Electronic troubleshooting, including use of standard measurement equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes)
- Electronic prototyping
- Software/Programming: MATLAB, C++, Altium or OrCad, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office Suite
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Product Development, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Research, Engineering