Engineer, Prin R&D Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a); US-CA-San Jose
REQUISITION ID: 288967
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. The Urology and Pelvic Health business unit provides proven, leading solutions to treat kidney stones, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), erectile dysfunction (ED), male incontinence and pelvic floor disorders-more urology subspecialties than any other company. In addition, we continue to invest in gynecologic surgical solutions for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and uterine fibroids. These offerings can help healthcare providers advance patient outcomes, reduce procedure costs and enhance quality-enabling millions of men and women to regain control of their lives. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in urology and pelvic health.
ENGINEER, PRIN R&D -OPTICS
Will serve as a technical expert in optics and laser design to support product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
Independently conducts development work as part of a major research and/or development project. Receives minimal technical direction/review on broad scope or complex projects. Viewed as an expert in one or more in-house technologies.
- Drives complex or novel assignment requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined technologies, products, materials, processes, equipment, and/or scientific method to broaden BSC's Intellectual Property in key strategic areas.
- Successfully completes engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
- Provides guidance to product and technology teams.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of alternative engineering processes, products, or equipment.
- Coordinates, manages, and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions.
- Interfaces with Physicians/Cath Lab personnel to identify needs and to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices and to translate customer needs into product concepts.
- Develops and coaches others on engineering documentation.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and less experienced engineers.
- Leads engineering teams to the successful completion of project goals.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through coaching and delivery of high quality, high impact deliverables.
Quality Systems Requirements:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Physics, Laser/Optics Engineering preferred). Ph.D is preferred
- Master's degree and 8+ years of experience or Ph.D and 5+ years of experience.
- Expert theoretical and practical knowledge of laser design or manufacturing
- Practical, hands-on experience measuring laser components, subassemblies or integrated laser system performance
Experience in the medical device industry is an advantage
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a); US-CA-San Jose||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, R&D Engineer, Medical Device Engineer, Engineering, Quality