Engineer, Prin R&D Job
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 289560
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
Independently conducts development work as part of a major research and/or development project. Receives minimal technical direction/review on broad scope or complex projects. Viewed as an expert in one or more in-house technologies.
- Drives complex or novel assignment requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined technologies, products, materials, processes, equipment, and/or scientific method to broaden BSC's Intellectual Property in key strategic areas.
- Successfully completes engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
- Provides guidance to product and technology teams.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of alternative engineering processes, products, or equipment.
- Coordinates, manages, and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions.
- Interfaces with Physicians/Cath Lab personnel to identify needs and to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices and to translate customer needs into product concepts.
- Develops and coaches others on engineering documentation.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and less experienced engineers.
- Leads engineering teams to the successful completion of project goals.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through coaching and delivery of high quality, high impact deliverables
- Minimum of 10 years of project leadership and commercialization experience in a highly regulated industry, medical device preferred.
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline, Mechanical Engineering desired.
- Strong technical capabilities, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and strategic mindset
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, address complex problems, and influence others without direct authority
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Engineer, R&D Engineer, Medical Device Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Research