Quality Assurance Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Cobham Microelectronic Solutions San Diego
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COBHAM is seeking a QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER II that will develop, evaluate, revise and apply technical quality assurance protocol and methods to inspect and test in-process raw materials, production equipment and finished goods; ensures compliance with quality standards and applicable government regulations; performs analysis and identifies trends for in-process material and bulk raw materials and recommends corrective actions; ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed; formulates policy in the process of analyzing, planning product quality and operations planning. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
* Design and implement methods and procedures for testing and inspecting the quality level of products and production equipment.
* Review manufacturing documentation ensuring the necessary criteria and provisions are incorporated to permit effective inspection and testing of materials.
* Analyze reports and returned product; initiate corrective action for procedural, product or process deficiencies.
* Conduct reliability analysis on the life cycle of product and conduct failure analysis, to understand the overall quality of the manufactured item.
* Manage the statistical analysis on products to determine the patterns seen and unseen providing insight to the lifecycle of the product.
* Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
* Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements.
* Participate and supports Programs Team addressing quality issues to the program and point of contact for customers.
* Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
* Bachelor of Science degree.
* 4 years of experience in Quality Engineering.
* 2 years of experience with RC/CA.
* Experience with Lean/Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement methodologies, including 8D and 5Y methodology.
* Experience with dispositioning parts rejected in manufacturing.
* Experience performing defect trends/analysis for continuous improvement.
* In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
* IPC-A-610 certified and/or ASQ/CQE certified.
* Ability to lead teams and influence as an individual contributor.
* Experience with training and mentoring.
* Experience working with DCMA.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAMCAREERS.COM OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAMCAREERS.COM.
Job Category: Operations
Primary Location: US-California-San Diego
Organization: Cobham Microelectronic Solutions San Diego
Recruiter: Craig Beronja