Engineer, Quality - Audit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Control and Communication Systems
Quality Engineer/ Auditor, Esterline
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and services principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control & Communication Systems is comprised of seven wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. Our product and service brands include: AVISTA software and systems engineering services; CODIS displays; KORRY cockpit display and control products; MASON flight controls; RACAL Acoustics military headsets, PALOMAR products for secure communications systems, and ECLIPSE signal intelligence. Our operations are located in Platteville, WI; Everett, WA; Sylmar, CA; Harrow, UK; Rancho Santa Margarita, CA and Dallas, TX; Kortrijk, Belgium.
Korry Electronics is part of Esterline Control Systems Technologies Corporation.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600+
Title: Quality Engineer/ Auditor
Job Family: Quality Engineering
Reports to: Director, Quality Systems
Works with: All levels of the organization including Senior Staff, mid-level managers and supervisors, and all employees.
Location: Located at Korry facility in Everett, WA
Type: Full Time
This Quality Engineer fulfills the role as the internal Auditor for the Quality Management System. The Lead Auditor manages an independent and objective Quality Audit System, bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS). Conducts a variety of internal audits and offers process improvement solutions aimed at attaining goals and meeting its objectives. Host customer and regulatory audits. Provides advice and direction to other staff members. Develops audit findings, identifies root causes and offers recommendations to create positive change throughout the organization. Coordinate corrective action board meetings to ensure the close loop of identified findings. Administer corrective action mailbox, customer surveys, MRB control, stamp control and QMS intranet webpage.
* Lead the internal Quality system audit program by planning and performing independent audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, achievement of operational goals and objectives, and effective and efficient implementation of the QMS.
* Perform detailed audits of quality system elements, work instructions, products, processes, and contracts.
* Initiate, lead and coordinate improvement projects to improve internal processes, improve product quality, and improve inspection and/or testing efficiency by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques.
* Develop written procedures for quality assurance systems and business processes.
* Prepare comprehensive quality reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and summarizing data and making recommendations. Track open audit findings.
* Identify root causes of recurring failures, develop and implement corrective actions, and present practical recommendations to eliminate the root cause and the potential related effect. Prepare responses to customer audit findings. Review Corrective Action Requests to ensure corrective actions are effective.
* Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods. Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all aspects of a Quality Audit System.
* Meet with stakeholders for the purpose of presenting audit findings and recommendations.
* Develop and provide training to employee regarding the indoctrination of quality assurance systems, internal auditing and quality control activities.
* Quality representative for facilitating customer, regulatory and certification audits.
* Coordinate corrective action board (CAB) weekly meetings.
* Complete surveys and questionnaires per customer requests.
* Administer Material Review Board (MRB) control process.
* Administer stamp control process.
* Maintain QMS local webpage links and procedures up-to-date.
* File certificates, customer approvals, disclosure, NOEs, notifications and other documentation.
* Communicate QMS changes to Korry team and support Document Center with ECO process for new and updated documentation.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Experience leading corrective action cross-functional teams.
* Subject Matter Expert in AS9100 and ISO 9001, FAA and EASA Part 145. Other civil aviation regulatory experience is a plus.
* Excellent verbal / written communications and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs and negotiation.
* Business acumen and strong problem solving skills.
* Self-motivated, organized, and effectively achieves team and group goals.
* Proven ability as an independent, objective, open-minded thinker during planning discussions and during execution of audits.
* Proven professional attitude during the execution of an audit.
* Expertise of MS Office Suite of products. Specifically Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio, MS project,
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Problem Solving
* Integrity and Trust
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Values Diversity
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* BS degree; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Minimum 3-5 years similar experience.
* Required Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) by American Society for Quality (ASQ)
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).