Engineer, Quality - Metrologist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Engineer Quality (Metrologist), Esterline Control Systems Korry
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and services principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control & Communication Systems is comprised of seven wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. Our product and service brands include: AVISTA software and systems engineering services; KORRY cockpit display and control products; MASON flight controls; CODIS display systems; RACAL Acoustics military headsets, and PALOMAR products for secure communications systems. Our operations are located in Platteville, WI; Everett, WA; Sylmar, CA; Harrow, UK; Rancho Santa Margarita, CA and Dallas, TX.
Korry Electronics is part of Esterline Control Systems Technologies Corporation.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600+
Title: Engineer, Quality (Metrology)
Job Family: Quality
Reports to: Director, Quality
Works with: Metrology Subcontractors, Quality Engineers, Production, Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Customer Service
Location: Located at Korry facility in Everett, WA
Type: Full Time
The Quality Engineer Metrologist is part of the Quality Systems team responsible for inspection, testing and calibration of Korry Electronics products. This position requires application of measurement science derived from engineering drawings and specifications to verify the accuracy, precision and fitness for use of measurement and test equipment.
Maintains site metrology data using the selected database tool. Maintains calibration procedures for site-calibrated equipment. Assures the compliance of the calibration system with AS9100 and ISO17025 requirements. Conducts a variety of internal audits and offers process improvement solutions aimed at attaining goals and meeting quality objectives. Creating and reviewing quality metrics. Assists with investigations and analysis identifying root cause and implementing corrective action. Provides limited technical assistance to inspectors in production and receiving.
* Manage the subcontract(s) with calibration service providers.
* Conduct regular recall, calibration and (when necessary) out of tolerance response.
* Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the calibration database.
* Maintain calibration procedures.
* Create engineering release packages for quality documents using the Korry PLM software.
* Review First Articles created by Korry inspection. Provide feedback and training as needed.
* Create or update Acceptance Test Procedure and Quality control Pans.
* Develops calibration methods and techniques based on specification from engineering.
* Gather and analyze production metrics.
* Assist in failure analysis investigations focusing on root cause leading to corrective actions.
* Advise Korry inspectors on understanding documented specifications, Korry quality procedures, and methods of inspection.
* Gather data from external customer portals for analysis and reporting.
* Additional duties and projects as assigned.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Detailed understanding of the requirements in processes involved in calibrating devices to meet ANSI Z540-1 and ANSI Z540-3.
* Experience maintaining an ISO17025-compliant calibration system. Familiar with the ISO10012-compliant calibration systems.
* Experience operating and maintaining calibration systems using a database.
* Experience and familiarity with First Articles specifically AS9102.
* Ability to read and interpret Engineering designs and drawings per ANS Y14.5.
* High propensity for completeness and accuracy in work.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively with multiple work groups.
* Experience with MRB activities.
* Requires good problem solving skills and excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Requires good basic computer skills using the internet, Excel and Word. Comfortable learning new software tools.
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Problem Solving
* Integrity and Trust
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Values Diversity
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* 4 year technical degree; or equivalent experience required.
* 1-3 years experience related to Calibration, Inspection, Quality Control, or a manufacturing environment is required.
** Leveling will be based on experience **
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).