Engineer 2, Quality
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Plans and directs improvement activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for aerospace processes, materials, products, and suppliers.
Job Core Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops a quality system including control plans and traceability.
* Designs, develops and maintains forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Compiles quality data, establishes regular communication of data, and facilitates actions plans to drive continuous improvement of Quality, Cost, and Delivery.
* Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and analytical equipment and facilities.
* Coach fellow employees engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and liability.
* Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities. Manages internal auditing teams.
* Manages audits from outside customers and regulatory agencies on Quality and Standards.
* Assists in disposition of discrepant material and works with engineering, work groups and suppliers to determine root cause, cost, corrective/prevention action and responsibility.
&MIDDOT;BSME OR RELATED IS REQUIRED.
* Experience with QS, ISO, and FAA requirements is required.
* 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
* Statistical skills to conduct process capability studies are required
* Because we are a defense contractor, must be US Person (Citizen or Permanent Resident)
* Black belt in Six Sigma preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.