Engineer, RF Deployment
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Engineer, RF DeploymentDescriptionThis position is responsible for the engineering design and system performance of the GSM, UMTS and LTE Radio Network. Applies engineering principles to design and optimize network coverage, performance, and capacity. May be required to lead a team of engineers on specific projects. Serves as a technical subject matter expert and may be required to do in depth analysis of new features and technologies. Mentors Associate Radio Frequency (RF) Engineers for technical growth.QualificationsMinimum Required
* Solid understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
* Excellent computer skills (UNIX, Oracle Database, Excel macros and SQL programming a plus)
* Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
* Strong MapInfo skills
* Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and multitask
* Must be able to prioritize work schedule and workload
* 2 years Working in and around the radio frequency industry designing, optimizing, and troubleshooting network issuesDesired
* 3-5 years Experience within the wireless industry troubleshooting, optimizing, and designing wireless communication sites
* 3 years Analyzing data and creating coverage solutionsEducationMinimum Required
* Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree
* In lieu of degree, equivalent experience within a technical telecommunications field may be consideredLicense or Certification(None)General/Physical RequirementsAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
'TMUS') is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 67 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Essential Functions
* Performs advanced monitoring and review of radio network Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Participates in the development of inter and intra team processes for system performance. Serves as KPI subject matter expert in order to improve network performance. Collects, processes, and reviews drive test data to determine the cause of faulty equipment and network performance issues. Works with the operations team to troubleshoot site network problems. Works with other RF Engineers to evaluate and resolve issues. Updates databases with resolution or actions taken.
* Performs coverage, capacity, and performance activities. Participates in developing internal process used for radio network design. Participates with federal, state and local jurisdictions to ensure regulatory and zoning compliance.
* Effectively applies RF principles to performance activities. Serves as subject matter expert on GSM/ /UMTS/LTE and emerging technology theory. Performs development, testing, and validation of RF feature plan proposals. Provides input in defining implementation guidelines for approved new features and technologies.
* Provides engineering support to Sales / Customers by responding to customer and employee network related complaints. Acts as developer and resource for market, regional, and national planning and performance tools (as applicable).We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .