- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining reliability plans and programs to reduce total equipment downtime and improve overall process reliability. To successfully apply short and long term strategies for equipment performance improvement and growth.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Develop, implement, improve and manage new and existing equipment predictive and preventive maintenance programs
* Lead RCFE (Root Cause Failure Elimination) process to identify root cause and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
* Supervise hourly technicians focused on preventive maintenance, RCFE (Root Cause Failure Elimination) and DFR (Design For Reliability).
* Analyze downtime to identify chronic/sporadic failures and lead reliability improvement efforts (Top X Projects).
* Troubleshoot chronic issues and develop action plans to minimize impact on equipment availability.
* Develop, implement and sustain reliability best practices to reduce unscheduled maintenance downtime and costs.
* Assist in development and utilization of key reliability metrics to consistently measure performance.
* Review and critique outage and PM execution to identify obstacles and recommend improvements (PM Optimization).
* Assist with long-range planning for the facility and equipment needs, including capital and major repairs jointly w/ E&M Manager.
* Participate in the review and management of the capital budget for facility.
* Make rounds through the assigned area to look for early signs of problems and address.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels in the facility.
* Document maintenance and management of machinery and software.
* Develop processes and systems to ensure continued improvement in all reliability programs.
* Drive communication and training for Reliability programs and systems throughout the organization.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* Strong experience in Reliability Engineering, root cause and failure analyses (FMEA).
* Proven Bad Actor identification and resolution skills generating substantial return.
* Proven skills in driving a reliability focused culture change.
* 5+ years of engineering and maintenance experience preferred. Will consider a degreed engineer with 2-3 years experience with demonstrated leadership, RCM, planning and scheduling best practices.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical preferred, or equivalent relevant work experience, preferably Folding Carton industry related.
* Must understand RCM, planning and scheduling best practices.
* Experience as Six Sigma Black-belt or Continuous Improvement/LEAN experience preferred.
* Strong communication skills, leadership skills-relationship building, and group facilitation skills.
* Business presence, ability to work through others, technical presence, extensive circle of influence, computer skills, and strong project management.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.