Engineer, Sr. Citrix 9/12/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:Manages infrastructure related to networks and related hardware and software to ensure availability, recoverability, performance, integrity and supportability through production support and maintenance of existing network and development and implementation of network enhancements
Troubleshoots straightforward networking problems independently by investigating underlying problems
Designs networking infrastructure and interfaces to external networks
Participates in the design of new or modified LANs/WANs and advises on network design
Provides cost/benefit analysis on moderately to highly complex projects
Participates in evaluation of vendor proposals
Conducts network studies and performance analyses and recommends changes
Advises developers in design of new applications by providing expertise on systems
capabilities and constraints
May function in a lead capacity within department and represent department in workflow, escalation discussions with others
Leads implementation and deployment efforts on intermediate projects Qualifications:Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent training and experience in Electrical or Computer science
Approximately 6-9 years experience in Network Planning, Designing & Engineering
CCNAand CCNP preferred Other Information:- Advises developers andIT engineersin the Citrix virtualization requirements for their applicationby providing expertise on systems capabilities and constraints.
- Works outside immediate discipline to coordinate a group of people in troubleshooting a wide-scale problem
- Serves as point-of-contact across several areas or disciplines to solve major systems outages with high impact or visibility
- May function in a lead capacity within department and represent department in workflow, escalation discussions with others
- Provides expert technical advice and counsel to management and to less experiencedengineers andsystems analysts
- Assesses change implementation options, benefits and risks, and recommends most appropriate direction
- Provides guidance in predicting and monitoring performance and capacity and addressing related issues
- Develops non-standard, non-routine portions of the implementation plan, including steps to resolve hardware/software compatibility issues; tests software and guides users in required operational changes- Administer and manage Citrix XenApp Farm including install and publishing apps, resource management, understanding usage trends.
- Monitoring, alerting and reporting using Citrix Edgesight and Desktop Director.
- Understanding and troubleshooting Windows 2008 R2 Operating system related issues.
- Understanding large scale infrastructure and systems integration along with working with multiple teams to drive issue resolution and root cause.
- Sequencing virtual apps using Microsoft App V 5.0
- Large scale system deployments and rollouts using SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager)
- Maintain and administer Citrix Netscaler, WeB Interface, StoreFront and Data Collectors
- Serves as point-of-contact across several areas or disciplines to solve major systems outages with high impact or visibility.
- Develops non-standard, non-routine portions of the implementation plan, including steps to resolve hardware/software compatibility issues; tests software and guides users in required operational changes
- Works independently on resolving break-fix issues that impact Citrix customers Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .