Engineer, SystDesign _n_ Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.T-Mobile is seeking a Sr. Engineer to perform as a Business / Systems Analyst, with the primary objective of supporting the Data Monetization efforts and partnership between the Emerging Business group and EI&A team. This position will lead a cross functional team through the Design, Requirements, Development, Implementation and Support of tools and platforms associated with Big Data and Business Intelligence, while also proactively searching for new opportunities within existing data to leverage into data monetization and/or network system optimization opportunities.This role is for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where you can drive data-based decisions to tackle strategic challenges and make an impact. The ideal candidate has a track record of bringing knowledge and experience to a large and diverse group of customers, delivering insight and creativity while ensuring clear communication.
- Hands on experience with Hadoop System Environment (Spark, Pig, Hive, etc.) and knowledge of data management technologies (Data warehousing, MDM, big data, ETL )
- Knowledge of varied analytical techniques and data manipulation tools applied to data of all shapes and sizes (experience with SQL, data visualization and BI tools.)
- Strong track record in requirements gathering, definition, business planning, data analysis, process analysis, business and functional requirements analysis, and change management
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Flexibility to handle directional changes with the ability to juggle moving priorities to ensure project success
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Analytical thinker with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Exceptional soft skills are a must - including the ability to speak to both technical and business concerns
- Responsible for evaluating data/analytical relevancy of analysis conducted, review solution options and associated costs, evaluate stakeholder responses in complex analysis scenarios, and formulates final recommendations
- Contract with customers, partners, and co-workers to define deliverables, timelines, and responsibilities. Succinctly translate complex analytical insight into actionable recommendations; develop stories that are understandable and resonates with diverse audiences
- Facilitate and clarify customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements that can be executed by the development team
- Deliver collaboration artifacts as agreed to by the team (this may include detailed functional / technical requirements, process models, data flow diagrams)
- Lead, guide, coach, and support team members in driving a data science culture and expanding analytic capabilities. Be a champion for high quality, data-driven decision-makingWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .