Engineer 1, Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Engineer I, Systems provides expertise in engineering assignments and participates in system and component level design per requirements. Conducts testing and verification of components and systems, throughout the development process.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Applies expertise in performing testing and verification of components and systems, throughout the development process
* Coordinates between technical activities of the system and various disciplines
* Ensures that the customers' requirements for all product/module-level deliverables are clearly defined and documented
* Uses expertise in defining and maintaining Interface Control Documents
* Ensures system integration between the various system development disciplines
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 0 - 2 years of relevant experience
* Good knowledge of the software development life cycle
* Excellent problem solving skills for straightforward situations using technical experience and judgment and precedents
* Effective interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
* Ability to explain technical information clearly and effectively
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.