Engineer V (Firmware)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Bio-Rad s Diagnostic Laboratory Instruments analyzes organic samples for disease identification. We re looking for a senior level R&D Firmware Engineer to join the team!
What you ll be doing:
Product design and development as it relates to the Diagnostic Medical industry. We are looking for a senior R&D Firmware Engineer to join our development team. You ll be involved in developing firmware for a multitude of Diagnostic Laboratory Instruments. This position also requires the ability to collaborate with other diagnostic related disciplines in bringing products to market. Work independently with little or no supervision. May require leading and directing the works of junior engineers and technicians. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What you need for this role:
* B.S. in an Electrical/Software Engineering or Equivalent
* 10+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in instrumentation system Architecture
* Experience working with ARM Coretx M3 A7,A9 series, 8051series microprocessors,
* Bare metal board-bring-up, boot loaders.
* Serial, SPI I2C development experience using RTL and physical and embedded CPUs
* Develop applications or simulations using C#,.NET or Visual Studio to prototype and access external Controller/Module hardware attached to Windows platform
* A solid background in Firmware development.
* Expert level C/C++ programming experience for embedded systems.
* Extensive experience with data-acquisition and instrument control.
* Medical Device system development. 21CFR
* Applications development for USB peripherals (host and embedded) using USB 2.0 High-Speed drivers.
* Excellent coding, testing and debugging skills.
* Excellent organizational and documentation skills. Commitment to quality.
* Ability to read schematics, datasheets in order to develop firmware.
* Extensive use of Debuggers, Logic analyzers, oscilloscopes.
* Experience working in a team-based, full lifecycle software development environment.
* Must be comfortable with iterative development in a highly cross-functional team.
* Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Must have demonstrated ability in professional Firmware/Software development environment; familiar with code sharing, continuous integration, unit testing and incremental development.
* Must also be able to articulate technical ideas to Diagnostic researchers in product development and reporting contexts.
* Must be able to work with Product Owners/Managers to define, analyze and document requirements.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Engineers, Product Owners,
Additional Skills Helpful
* Strong Linux/Unix software development background. Principal Linux system developer for embedded systems. Bring up Linux on new embedded systems. U-Boot configuration, etc. Kernel-space and user-space development: Develop device drivers and programs for Linux
* Experience with touch screen display Controller and GUI development
* Understanding of FPGA and CPLD
* Electronic Simulation or analysis
* PADs, Altium or Orcad Schematic Capture. PAD s or Altium Layout
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.