Engineer V (Firmware) 8/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Bio-Rad s Diagnostic Laboratory Instruments analyzes organic samples for disease identification. We re looking for a senior level R&D Firmware Engineer to join the team!
What you ll be doing:
* Product design and development of firmware for Bio-Rad s Diagnostic Laboratory Instruments
* Cross functional collaboration with other diagnostic related disciplines in bringing products to market
* May require leading and directing the works of junior engineers and technicians
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
What you need for this role:
* Strong Linux/Unix software and system development of embedded systems
* Demonstrated ability in professional Firmware/Software development environment; familiar with code sharing, continuous integration, unit testing and incremental development.
* U-Boot configuration, etc. Kernel-space and user-space development: Develop device drivers and programs for Linux
* Experience with touch screen display Controller and GUI development
* Understanding of FPGA and CPLD
* Electronic Simulation or analysis
* PADs, Altium or Orcad Schematic Capture. PAD s or Altium Layout
* Must also be able to articulate technical ideas to Diagnostic researchers in product development and reporting contexts.
* Must be able to work with Product Owners/Managers to define, analyze and document requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively with Engineers, Product Owners
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.