Engineer V (Mechanical Engineer)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
What you\'ll be doing:
* Design and develop new analytical instrumentation for life science market. This includes products for: Gene Expression, Protein Purification, Protein Analysis, and Cell Analysis.
* Lead mechanical engineering efforts as part of a cross functional engineering project, define tasks and set priorities. Design parts and assemblies using Solidworks and other tools. Analyze and Verify designs. Transfer finished designs to Manufacturing.
* Work with scientists, engineers, project managers, and marketing staff to develop product requirements, specifications, qualification tests, and other project documentation.
* Perform risk analysis and use risk based decision making.
* Select materials based on mechanical, optical, chemical compatibility, cosmetic, and other properties.
* Receive, analyze, and test first articles, drive process optimization, and complete final qualification of new parts.
* Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering and instrument production staff.
* Act as technical support for product releases and sustaining activities.
* Mentor and lead other engineers as needed.
* Prepare and make presentations, and create, present, or be active in design reviews. Participate on cross-functional teams
* Perform root cause analysis and initiate corrective/preventive actions.
* Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications and designs.
What\'s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for training, growth, and mobility
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
What you need for this role:
* Experience bringing analytical instrumentation to market.
* Experience with solid modeling software (SolidWorks preferred) with a practical knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
* Knowledge of material properties, especially those used in the medical and life science industries.
* Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with FEA, mold flow, or other simulation tools in product development.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer V interprets the needs and requirements under the direction of the mechanical engineering manager to design, document, and transfer to manufacturing life science products. Participates in component, subsystem and system concept design and analysis, evaluates design options with appropriate experimentation, reviews, and FMEAs (failure modes and effects analysis); analyzes designs for system interactions; and coordinates with systems engineering to verify key components, subsystems and systems function to specifications within performance limits. Creates technical documents and participate on cross-functional teams.
* BS or better in mechanical engineering or closely-related discipline.
* +10 years experience in design of instrumentation in the medical or life sciences fields. Preferable in flow cytometry and cell sorting.
* Experienced with instrumentation design including electrical and mechanical components, molding, and material specification
* Product design and fabrication experience with electro-mechanical devices preferred
* Design and documentation experience with Solidworks Working knowledge with Microsoft office applications Experience in life science preferred
* Knowledgeable in developing designs in a regulated environment Experience with design for Six Sigma tools preferred
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.