Principal Engineer L (Principal Mechanical Engineer)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
What you ll be doing:
* Lead the design and development of complex medical devices by leveraging knowledge and experience in Fluidics, Optics and Thermodynamics
* Create/Guide creation of CAD models, Drawings, etc.
* Provide sustaining engineering support for the BioPlex 2200 by diagnosing production issues as reported by the instrument manufacturerLead FEA analysis
* Manage SAP transactions related to sustaining engineering and new product development projects
* Support the CAPA process by leading root cause investigations into issues reported by customers
* Provide technical leadership and mentor less experienced engineers on the team
* Lead/participate in Design for Excellence (DFX) approach to Product Development
What you need for this role:
* 12+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
* Direct experience in medical device industry preferred but will consider automotive/high tech background.
* In depth knowledge and practical application of the principles of Mechanical Engineering, with emphasis on Fluidics, Optics and Thermodynamics.
* Highly experienced in system integration.
* Expert user of CAD software such as SolidWorks (preferred), ProE. Proficient in the use of FEA analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to use SAP.
* Working knowledge of Statistics and hands-on experience with DoE.
* Working knowledge of Design for Reliability (DfR) tools & techniques.
* Strong Communication, Leadership, and Computing skills.
* Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate work effort with a diverse and cross-functional team.
* Manual dexterity and ability to work in machine shop, bio-chemical lab environment.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred.
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for training, growth, and mobility
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.