Engineer, Web Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat does it mean to work at Group Health?
At Group Health, our mission is to enrich peoples lives by improving health. As a Group Health employee, your role is to deliver on that mission every day by living our valuesCustomer Focus, Accountability, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity.
In the Research Institute, we do practical research that helps people like you and your family stay healthy. We use websites and web resources to communicate those research findings to Group Health members, research colleagues and our community at large.
You take initiative, set goals, and solve problems while collaborating with leaders and colleagues. Together we make a meaningful impact on our community.
In return, Group Health is committed to providing you competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference each day as we strive to reach our vision to be the preferred health care partner by excelling in quality, service, and affordability.
In this role, you will implement and support Group Health Research Institutes (GHRIs) internet strategy based on business goals. Research, design, implement and support systems supporting web technologies.
* Provide technical expertise to enhance the external and internal internet sites, focusing on the development, testing, implementation and operational support of internet-based tools and internet-database interfaces and the resolution of internet technical issues.
* Take leadership role in developing new technologies and applications for GHRI Web sites. Work independently and creatively.
* Have familiarity with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelors Degree Computer science, math, science, or related field
Masters Degree Computer science or related field
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
* Intermediate Excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
* Intermediate In-depth knowledge of enterprise environments and ability to engineer solutions. Ability to understand complex systems and IT protocols.
* Ability to adapt, learn and support new technologies.
* Advanced Expertise in internet security including configuration of Windows Server 2008 or Windows 2012; knowledge of computer networking, including firewall configuration & maintenance.
Minimum Experience Requirements
7 years Progressive IT experience to incude 5 years' experience supporting complex environments as well as multiple infrastructure systems or operating systems.
Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: GHR1