This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are looking for a Transmission Engineer Advisor to perform all aspects of transmission analysis for the development of new power generation project throughout the U.S. and Canada. In this role you will work on utility scale solar projects developed by ENGIE Solar, while also supporting other types of power projects developed by the ENGIE Business Development Team.
Essential Job Functions
* Perform all aspects of transmission analysis for development of new power generation projects in USA and Canada.
* Accountable for delivering a turnkey service to the business developers.
* Responsible for scoping, contracting and managing consultants and contractors for transmission analysis services when necessary.
* Provide cost estimates for any transmission upgrades required for interconnection.
* Provide and advise on conceptual transmission and interconnection designs for development pipeline projects.
* Responsible for providing all technical and cost information to the business developers that are required for the interconnection of the project.
* Gain, capture, and grow transmission analysis subject matter expertise in power generation using the Companys tools and processes in order to increase the experience and the know-how of the Technical Services team.
* Provide subject matter leadership in transmission analysis tasks when subject matter expertise is utilized from contractors, plant personnel, or wider Companys resources in order to provide streamlined technical service.
* Share subject matter expertise within the Companys organization, and most especially within the Technical Services Team, using effective use of communication and content management system in order to distribute the gained value from each experience and help-build institutional memory in ENGIE North America Technical Services.
* Liaise with the members of the Engineering and Shared Services teams and utilize the local and global in-house experience and knowledge.
* Act as a team member with all employees of ENGIE NA and ENGIE Solar staff.
* Comply with all ENGIE NA policies and procedures.
* Ability to carry-out work within a matrix organization.
* Carry out other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge and experience in transmission analysis with regards to developing and constructing power generation and storage assets in the Canadian provinces or the United States.
* Working experience in or direct interaction experience with one of the major regional transmission organizations such as ERCOT, MISO, CAISO, and PJM.
* Must be able to interpret transmission system analysis studies and use that information to advise on business development projects and activities.
* Software knowledge of transmission or distribution analytics tools (PSS/E, PSLF, Aspen, etc).
* Strong and elaborate verbal and written communication skills, especially when interacting with outside stakeholders such as government agencies and local communities is an essential part of the role.
* Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
Essential Physical Abilities
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering is required, advance degree in Power Systems or similar a plus.
* Ten (10) plus years of experience in an transmission analysis role in the energy sector, preferably renewables, but combination of conventional and renewables acceptable.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
This job posting is supported by the ENGIE Recruiting Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquiries must come to the Recruiting team and not to direct ENGIE Managers.