This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt GAF, putting a roof over your head is the foundation of our business. As we continue to pursue the excellence that has led us to the top, one thing is constant - it's all the best in the industry and it's made by the best people in the industry.
GAF products have been designed and made for more than 125 years by talent and innovation emanating from the minds of its employees. All 3,200 of us are champions of our values, some of which include innovation, safety, quality and integrity, and we work for a company that rewards us for it. That's why we've grown into a $3+ billion leader in the building materials industry.
Students will be invited to work at GAF's newest, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Cedar City, Utah, supporting the production of high quality commercial roofing materials, TPO, PVC and ISO.
Come build your future as we build the American dream - one roof at a time.
Co-Opportunity is a chance for you to learn about your chosen field in a real work environment with experienced GAF professionals. You'll be involved in high-profile projects as an integral member of our working teams.
* We offer full-time assignments to those students who are working toward undergraduate or graduate degrees in chemical, electrical and mechanical engineering.
* Each assignment lasts a school term, and you may be invited to return to GAF Corporation for additional terms while you continue your education.
* During your assignment, you will have a mentor - someone who will act as a coach to help you better understand both our company and your work responsibilities.
* You will receive a competitive salary and - depending on location - a temporary living allowance or relocation allowance.
Engineering Co-op (Cedar City, Utah)
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Performing raw material quality assurance activities and material performance
* Conducting problem solving investigations and troubleshooting to assure root cause is identified, counter measures and recurrence prevention are fully implemented
* Supporting quality improvement initiatives directly or indirectly with suppliers
* Providing technical support and analytical analysis for material issues
* Involvement with data flow diagrams/technical diagrams
Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore standing. Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Problem solving, multi-tasking, project management and communication skills are all necessary, as is the ability to operate in a team environment. In addition, candidates must have ability to generate accurate and concise technical reports.
Candidates should also have computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word. Basic knowledge of MS Visio and Auto CAD is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and paid holidays. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.