Engineering Co-op 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
Co-Opportunity is a chance for you to learn about your chosen field in a real work environment with experienced GAF professionals. You'll be involved in high-profile projects as an integral member of our working teams.
* We offer full-time assignments to those students who are working toward undergraduate or graduate degrees in chemical, electrical and mechanical engineering.
* Each assignment lasts a school term, and you may be invited to return to GAF Corporation for additional terms while you continue your education.
* During your assignment, you will have a mentor - someone who will act as a coach to help you better understands both our company and your work responsibilities.
* You will receive a competitive salary and - depending on location - a temporary living allowance or relocation allowance.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Performing raw material quality assurance activities and material performance
* Conducting problem solving investigations and troubleshooting to assure root cause is identified, counter measures and recurrence prevention are fully implemented
* Supporting quality improvement initiatives directly or indirectly with suppliers
* Providing technical support and analytical analysis for material issues
* Involvement with data flow diagrams/technical diagrams
Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore standing.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Problem solving, project management and communication skills are all necessary as is the ability to operate in a team environment. In addition, candidates must have ability to generate accurate and concise technical reports.
Candidates should also have computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word. Basic knowledge of MS Visio and Auto CAD.
We offer a competitive salary and holidays. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.