Engineering Co-op (Spring 2017)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/20/2017
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONKapStone Longview is seeking engineering co-ops at our pulp and paper mill in Longview, WA. Our goal is to place dynamic and driven students in our business to manage projects which support strategic goals, while learning about the real business world and gaining valuable hands-on experience.
The Co-op Student is responsible for assisting with the successful completion of projects throughout their co-op experience. Projects can be related to process improvements, mechanical or electrical equipment reliability issues, solving of production problems, process control, or project engineering. As the student gains increased knowledge and experience, he/she will become responsible for completing independent projects.
Through this opportunity, the Co-op Student will apply concepts learned in engineering classes to real world experience. Co-ops will develop an understanding of an Engineer's role in an industrial setting and the general operations of a manufacturing facility. They will also expand their technical skills, with industrial equipment knowledge, pertinent computer programs/software use, technical report writing, and general problem solving.
* Excellent pay
* Paid holidays
* Overtime pay
* Housing stipend for non-local students
* Seniority accrual
* Industrial or Chemical Engineering major with computer skills
* Minimum 2.8 GPA (must be maintained through co-op experience)
* Must have successfully completed entry level engineering courses
* Safety conscious and willing to work in an industrial environment
* Strong leadership capabilities
* Good project planning and execution
* Excellent interpersonaland communication skills
* Initiative and perseverance
* Team player
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled