Engineering Document Specialist
Under guidance completes the necessary functions of keeping engineering Bill of Materials (BOM), Bill of Operations (BOO), part numbers, and part and labor costs for new and existing products up to date. Interface with Engineering teams and Manufacturing teams to maintain product information documentation.
* Assigning part numbers for purchased components, manufactured assemblies, drawings, and units.
* Administering the new product request (NPR) process.
* Administering the part specification report (PSR) process.
* Administering the Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process by which all appropriate associates are formally informed and sign off any changes.
* Administering the Records Change Request (RCR) process.
* Administering the Document Change Request (DCR) process.
* Accurately completing Bill of Materials (BOM) and Bill of Operations (BOO) for units and assemblies.
* Assigning labor and production costs associated with manufactured assemblies.
* Maintaining and updating historical documentation for NPR's, ECN's, PSR's, and product information.
* Work to all current ISO processes and procedures.
* Recommend improvements to the ISO processes.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
College degree or cost accounting experiencepreferred. Excellent documentation skills and exceptional computer and analytical problem solving skills. Must be knowledgeable with time studies. Excellent communication skills. MRP understanding. Familiar and comfortable with a fast paced manufacturing environment. Solid Works experience is a plus, but not requires. HVAC experience is a plus.