This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
AeroFarms is the commercial leader in vertical controlled environment agriculture and is seeking a Engineering Expeditor reporting to the VP of R&D. This person will have experience in purchasing components and equipment off of engineering drawings. The ideal candidate will have a superior work ethic and the ability to manage projects from the planning phase to completion.
AeroFarms seeks to hire an Engineering Expeditor with the capability to bring components, equipment and supplies in house quickly and under budget. The Engineering Expeditor will bridge the boundaries between engineering/R&D and their vendors.
* Develop vendor base for components, fabrication, and equipment procurement
* Develop RFQs
* Manage RFQ process and purchase order tracking
* Work with vendors to keep them on schedule to deliver
* Regular project status reports
* Budget monitoring and trend tracking
* Bill of materials review
* Effective communications between engineering, technical, construction, and project controls groups
* The hard working, self-motivated candidate will possess:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology is preferred Associates degrees will also be considered
* Experience in purchasing components off of engineering drawings is a must. Experience negotiating for hardware, sheet metal, plastic parts is a must.
* Experience in purchasing equipment off of engineering specifications is preferred
* A network of machine shops and fabrication houses in New Jersey is preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to collaborate with Operations, Engineering teams to effectively achieve required outcomes
* Must be detail oriented and well organized
* Highly motivated - self starter