Engineering Group Lead Electrical Systems (Job #1487)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 12/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Leads and oversees the Electrical Systems Engineering Group. Responsible for the timely release of accurate engineering data to include: drawings, reports, test plans, and other technical data as required ensuring a quality product is delivered on schedule. Serves as the Electrical Systems Engineering technical specialist.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Strong command of the sciences, best practices, methodologies, specifications, components, and materials used in the design and certification of Electrical Systems in support of VIP interior modification STCs.
2. Ensures the Electrical Systems Group has the experience, leadership, and controls in place to provide first time quality.
3. Promotes the ideals of innovation and continuous quality improvement.
4. Generates and maintains execution plans, schedules, and supporting budgets for the Electrical Systems Engineering portion of the project.
5. Determines the department staffing required to meet company business objectives and teams with HR to ensure this positions are filled in a timely manner.
6. Supervises and manages performance of subordinate engineers. Provides guidance and growth to group members.
7. Interfaces with structural, interior, systems, and certification Group Leads/Managers to ensure certifiable designs are generated.
8. Provides and/or coordinates the technical interface to key Outside Service Vendors (OSV).
9. Contributes to and develops Internal Operating Procedures (IOP).
10. Ensures accurate and timely technical support and engineering dispositions are provided in order to resolve aircraft engineering/mechanical systems problems.
11. Recommends, establishes, and communicates company procedures and applies leadership when necessary to resolve critical issues.
12. Ensures the proper review of and action to Airworthiness Directives (ADs) so as to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
13. Maintains advanced level awareness of FAA regulations and required compliance of 14CFRs, JARs, CS25s, ADs, and SBs.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or
2. 10+ years experience in Electrical Systems Engineering with at least 5+ years in a lead or supervisory role.
3. Ability to lead and motivate a team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Computer Aided Drafting/Design (Visual Engineer, AutoCAD, and Viso prefered).
2. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
3. Knowledge of MS Databases (SQL or Microsoft Access preferred).
4. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required. Or Aviation background and electrical/avionics experience.
5. Proficient knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
6. Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
7. Ability work cross-functionally.
8. Budget and project management experience required.
9. Experience leading employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
10. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
11. Strong time-management and organizational skills.