Engineering Lab Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Job Description Summary:
Providing technical support to the R&D team. The ideal candidate will have strong electronics assembly and general test equipment experience, problem solving skills, and the ability to remove and replace parts on PCBA.
* Setup and maintain lab equipment, update inventory record of equipment calibration, repair and maintenance
* Construct, assemble, and modify electronic circuit prototypes or engineering units, including circuit boards, assemblies, and harnesses
* Rework or repair of electronic circuits using through-hole and surface mount technologies
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electronic PC boards to the component level
* Locate component sources and occasionally work with purchasing to acquire engineering parts and materials
* Excellent soldering skills for assembly or rework using conventional equipment
* Sound basic troubleshooting strategies for electro-mechanical circuits and systems
* Ability to read, understands and work with electrical schematics, engineering drawings and procedures
* Familiar with test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, voltmeters, power supplies, and signal generators
* Basic to intermediate skills with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of commitment, teamwork and follow through are needed
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Safety aware with the ability to assess potential hazards before engaging in work
* AS degree or equivalent plus 5 to 10 years work experience as an Engineering Technician
* Ability to read component data sheets to gain a basic understanding of the component attributes and bill of materials
* Basic programming skills. Python or Perl a plus
* Operational knowledge of Linux operating system. Sysop knowledge a strong plus
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.