This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our team of talented Engineering Staff and are looking for a passionate, full of energy, and take on any challenge Engineering Manager. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
Location(s): Auburn Hills, MI
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with the leading innovators to design and manufacture the next generation automotive electronic solutions. Our Engineering Manager will expand our product portfolio from components through advanced solutions. Products include multi-gigabit connectors, cable assemblies, system architecture, software solutions, and complex electronic circuits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead, manage, and supervise assigned staff to ensure the design and development of automotive solutions meets or exceeds customer expectations. Designs to include connectors, cable assemblies, complex circuits, and automotive solutions. Product data rates are moving from 1Gpbs to 10Gbps.
* Coach, mentor, and develop assigned staff. Empower assigned staff to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability with regular feedback on productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
* Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among group members that allows for difference of opinions over ideas, expeditious resolution of conflicts, and the appreciation of diversity. Encourage team cohesiveness. Provide structure for an efficient working environment which allows each employee and the group to succeed.
* Follow the Molex Product Development Process (PDP). Contribute to the multi-discipline teams in the product design and development. Activities will include project coordination, concept development, scheduling, budgeting, hardware design, mechanical fixture design, design reviews, product qualification, TARs, Check Point Reviews, Phase Reviews, FMEAs, and maintenance of records.
* Provide technical support for complex, atypical, or escalated issues to internal resources, customers, and/or strategic business partners. Share best practices between teams to ensure global implementation.
* Evaluate staff performance and development by providing appropriate guidance.
* Participate in recruitment and selection activities.
* Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
* Domestic and international travel approximately 20%-30%.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
* B.S. degree in in Engineering or equivalent science degree
* 7+ years of progressive engineering experience and a strong understanding of product design and development
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Proficient in solid modeling experience to generate mechanical 3D models & 2-D drawings.
* High proficiency in GD&T, FMEA, and component FAI.
* Experience with the design and development of multi-gigabit connectors/cable assemblies, microwave circuit design, and printed circuit board layouts.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely in English.
* Excellent leadership, project management, planning, and organizational skills to drive and motivate team to set priorities and systematically meet goals and deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills demonstrating sensitivity to customer needs and ability to work effectively with others to urgently address issues.
* High proficiency using analytical tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other applications as required.
* Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observes the results, and makes corrections as necessary.